CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 18, 2008

Fireman's Wife




Albert joined the Bethel Fire Department back in October. He has been training. He went every Saturday and Sunday in January except the last weekend to learn about the fire trucks. He can now drive them. He has been in classes since the first weekend this month and will take his test the first weekend in March. There is a lot of training invovled. This second class is 5 weekends. Every Saturday and Sunday.
As I type this blog he has gone out on a fire call. I once heard this prayer and I love it!

Fireman's Wife's Prayer

The table's set, the meal's prepared,
our guests will soon arrive.

My husband once more disappears
with a hope of keeping a child alive.

While waiting at home alone,
our plans having gone awry

My first impulse is merely
to sit right down and cry.

But soon again I realize
the importance of my life

When I agreed to take on the duties
of being a fireman's wife.

While there are many drawbacks,
I'll take them in my stride,

Knowing "My Daddy saved a life"
our children can say with pride.

The gusting winds and raging flames
may be his final fate.

But with God's help I can remain
my fireman's faithful mate.

Author Unknown

0 comments: