Tuesday, April 1, 2008

3 Years Ago Today

I was pregnant with Bricen and I had a check up on Friday April 1 which was 3 years ago today. Dr. Peach was out of town and he was going to induce me on Tuesday April 5 once he got back in town if I had not gone on my own. Because I was on bedrest my mom took me to the Dr. and with my blood pressure being high I had to have fetal monitoring several times a week. Well I was at the Dr. office and I was hooked up to the fetal monitor and we could hear the babies heart beat but he wasn't moving. So they sent me in for an ultrasound. Well he wasn't moving on the ultrasound either. So I was informed that since I was so close to being due (April 10) that they were sending me to the hospital to be monitored and most likely induced. They were afraid that the baby was in fetal distress. So I called Albert while I was waiting for them to give me my paperwork to head over to the hospital. Well I couldn't get him on the phone so I called one of the guys (Wes) that working for Albert and got him. He let me speak to Albert and I told Albert what was going on and he was like ha ha Happy April Fool's Day! I couldn't get him to believe me. He thought I was playing around. Well after being worried that something could be wrong with the baby I was in tears. There was this sweet little lady sitting there in there in the hallway listening to me plead with my husband to believe me and she said honey do you need me to get on the phone and tell him your serious? My mom finally did. So I told him to head home and get my things that I had packed and I gave him a list of things that were just out that I had to use everyday so they weren't packed. Mom and I headed to the hospital for them to put me on a pitocin drip to make sure that the baby's heart rate was going to be ok and that he wasn't in fetal stress. If there had been any problems they were going to have to do a c-section. So I was checked into my room and was given a gown and then they started the iv of pitocin. While I was in the room with the nurse my mom was on the phone with my dad telling him to hurry. She was a nervous wreck. She was afraid something would happen and it was only she and I at the hospital. So before long we had lots of company. My dad, Albert finally got there, my brother and Albert's parents. Everything seemed to be fine with the pitocin so they induced me at 7:00 that evening. They came in and told everyone that it would be late the next day before the baby was born so we sent everyone home so we could rest and we didn't feel like we had to entertain and promised we would call if anything happened. At 10:00 PM they came in and gave me an Ambien. They wanted me to have a good nights rest and needless to say it really helped. The nurse was in my room at 11:20 PM checking my iv bags and I looked at her and said I have either wet the bed or my water has just broke. Sure enough it was my water. So we knew that he would be born within the next 24 hours. I was in real labor at that point knocked out with an Ambien. So I was sleeping good and everytime I would have a contraction I wouldn't say anything but I would lean up and grab hold of the bedrails and hold on until it was over with. Anyone who has had Pitocin knows the contractions are worse than just natural contractions. Thank goodness for epidurals and an ambien. At 2:30 AM they came in and gave me my epidural. I slept great until 7:00 the next morning. Albert on the other hand did not. Where my blood pressure had been high since I was three months pregnant. It bottomed out 3 times in the middle of the night and the nurses would come in and give me some medicine throught the iv to get it back up and everytime the baby would move the monitor would go off. I slept through all of that but Albert couldn't sleep. I should. have asked for him an ambien. They checked me at 7:00 and I was at 7 cm. My parents came around 10:30 AM and visted with us for about 15 minutes and they came in and checked me again and I was at 10 cm. So I got them to bring me my toothbrush and a cup of water and I brushed my teeth, combed my hair and put a little make-up on and I was ready to roll. The nurse came in at 11 and said lets practice pushing and she said stop right there I need to go grab the Dr. this baby is coming. So the nurse and the Dr. came running back in and I started pushing and I delievered a 6 lb. 14 oz. little BOY at 11:22 AM on Saturday April 2, 2005! We didn't find out what we were having because we wanted to be surprised. We named him Bricen Paul. Brice was my grandfathers name and is my dad and my brother's middle name. Paul was Albert's grandfathers name and is Albert's middle name. So we named him after both sides of the family. He was 20 1/4 inches long. Just thought I would share one of the happiest days of my life!


Amy's Journal

Aww I was a nervous wreck thinkng albert didn't want people there and i would miss it.. then I said i don't care i am going.. I aint never dropped sage off so fast. ha
good thing you didn't dilate fast or your parents would have missed it.. you could have went 7-10 in 30 min or less. happy birthday bricen xoxox


Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is A hug.