CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pumpkin Finger Play

I got a piece of paper that the teachers handed out yesterday at Bricen's preschool. It was suggestions for fine motor skills. Finger plays was on that suggested list. So I thought I would look and see what finger plays I could find that would have something do with the time of year. Five Little Pumpkins was a finger play Bricen learned last year in the two year old class and he loved it. So I am going to kick it up a notch and let him draw and cut out little pumpkins from orange construction paper then help him draw faces on the pumpkins. Then we will glue the pumpkins to popsicle sticks and use them for this finger play. So I thought I would share this cute little idea.

Five Little Pumpkins

Five little pumpkins were sitting on a gate.
The first one said, "It's getting mighty late."
The second one said, "There are witches in the air."
The third one said, "I really don't care."
The fourth one said, "Let's run, run, run."
The fifth one said, "It's Halloween fun!"
"Whooo" went the wind, and out went the light,
And the five little pumpkins rolled out of sight.

Here is another finger play you can use with the popsicle sticks.

Five Little Pumpkins

5 little pumpkins at my door
A neighbor came and took one then there were 4
4 little pumpkins under a tree
Along came a farmer and then there were 3
3 little pumkins looked so new
I gave one away then there were 2
2 little pumpkins laying in the sun
Grandma made a pie now there is just one
I then made a jack-o-lantern, wasn't that fun?


Here is a cute website with crafts and activities.

http://www.angelfire.com/dc/childsplay/Halloween.htm#Activities:

0 comments: